Surgery Instructions – Pre And Post-Op
Pre-Op Surgery Instructions from ENT Partners of Texas
- The patient should NOT eat or drink anything after midnight of the night before surgery. This includes tea,coffee, juice, water and other drinks. It is okay to have a very small sip of water to take medicines that you take in the morning. Take your cardiac and other chronic medications (that morning ifthat’s what you normally do), unless directed otherwise.
- Stop or reduce smoking as soon as possible. Your recovery will be better.
- The medicines listed below should not be taken for 2 weeks before and after surgery (unless you are given other instructions). Also notify us of any vitamins, supplements, etc.
St. John’s Wart
IT IS OKAY TO TAKE TYLENOL. Pain medicine prescribed for use after surgery may already contain Tylenol, so do not use both the prescribed medicine and Tylenol.
- If the patient has taken prescription diet pills, please notify the nurse or physician. Examples:
- Follow the guidelines for your specific surgery (instructions will be given to you). You can also click on your surgery below for more specifics.
- If you have diabetes, refer to the specific instruction sheet.
- You will have scheduling and insurance matters reviewed with you by the business office (you can call for questions as well).
- Please call us at 972-402-8404 x130 if you have MEDICAL questions about the surgery.